Wednesday 1 December 2010

"Am I Worth Your While? Am I Worth Your While?"

If you can, track down Simon Israel's film on the Diamond Project

Here's the written report 

James Jarvis is one of the men that's being helped by the Diamond Project.
One of the Diamond team, probation officer Colin Budd swings by his one bedroom flat by at least once a week to help him through a minefield of bureaucracy, housing, job seeking, appointments, and a mountain of  paperwork.

For me, the most poignant part of the film was when Colin Budd was explaining to Simon Israel that if a person on the project reoffends the team assess the situation to decide if it's worthwhile for that person to continue with the project. As he's explaining, James Jarvis is looking at him and finally interrupts the interview to ask, "Am I worth your while? Am I worth your while?" It sounded like something he'd been asking for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment